Thursday 30 November 2023

I Sea You (Poem)

 Amina Melethil

In the chamber of my chaotic mind,
I dwell, where memories unwind.
With eyes closed tight, I seek to retrieve,
The day I first, beheld the vast grand sea.

Oh, how my heart fluttered in my chest!
As I approached the shore, my soul was impressed.
I still remember the salty scent of ocean in the air,
And waves that whispered the tales of its journeys!

The Sun’s warm embrace,
Its tender caress,
As the golden sand cradled my toes,
I stood in awe, with wonders in my eyes!

The rhythmic lullaby of wave’s embrace,
Unleashed a symphony pure and unchased.
Their melodies composed of ancient legends,
An invitation to explore and adore, itseems.

With brave steps, I ventured to the edge,
Where foamy whispers kissed the land.
I danced with the sea spray, a playful tease.
The vastness, where sky meets gentle tides!

My heart expanded, filled with awe,
A newfound love, a bond without a flaw.
With every wave crashing, a new memory formed.

Now, as years have passed with gentle sway,
The shore is still my refuge, my retreat and
A sanctuary,
where my spirit finds its fill.

I revisit that enchanted day often,
and let the ocean’s rhythm guide me back,
to the moment, forever intact.
So with a grateful heart, I carry the beach
within,
Embracing the first time my spirit found home!

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Amina Melethil

 

Asst. Professor
Dept. of English
MTM College of Arts Science and Commerce
Veliyancode.
 
(Published by 2022-23 College Union Magazine 'Choott')

No comments:

Post a Comment

20. Puntius thomassi. (കുഴികുത്തി)

  20. Puntius thomassi .   Malayalam Name: കുഴികുത്തി     ...